Surround yourself with the right information.Whether you aim to have an Energy Star Home or just a home that is consistently comfortable year-round, insulation will play a major role. However, there are many different insulation solutions out there, and it’s important to make the choice that best fits your house. The age of your home, when it was built, and what it was built from are all factors that will impact your insulation decision. That’s why it makes sense to have a responsible professional helping you along the way. All of our Elm Energy building performance technicians are BPI certified and will provide you with the information you need to make the most effective and affordable choice.
Some of the questions about insulation that an Elm Energy building performance technician can answer include the following:
- Will this solve my comfort, energy, or air quality problem?
- What type of insulation is best for my home? Do I need spray foam insulation?
- What are some common pitfalls of insulating homes?
- How much blown insulation do I need?
- Where should my insulation go?
- What is my return on investment?
- What utility rebates are currently available for insulation?
- Do you plan on air sealing or draft stopping your home before insulating?
- What should I know before hiring an insulation contractor?
Contact your local Elm Energy Group office to speak with a building performance technician about your insulation needs. It’s your first and best step toward having a higher functioning home.
Suggestions for further reading