Blower Door Test
A Blower Door Test can help pinpoint areas of drafts and give you a better understanding of how well your home's envelope is performing. Draft stopping or air sealing, as it is referred to in home performance contracting, is the best way to stop uncomfortable drafts, save money, and improve air quality. A Blower door is one of the 3 diagnostic tools used on every Home Energy Audit.
A Blower door can help identify and pinpoint the following problems:
- Poor air quality
- High Energy Bills
- Drafty rooms
- Musky, mildewed, or mold smells
- Dry indoor air during the winter time
- Condensation on windows
If you are considering making the following Improvements you should call us to have a blower door test done or a Home Energy Audit:
- Air Sealing or Draft stopping
- HVAC system upgrade or replacement
- Crawlspace encapsulation
- Energy Efficient Windows
- Air duct cleaning
- Free Home Energy Audits
- Utility rebates
- Indoor Air Quality Testing
- Green Remodeling or any remodeling job
- Solar PV or Photovoltaic
- Geothermal HVAC
Suggestions for further reading:
- What utility rebates are available for home performance?
- Want to learn more about home energy audits?