Architects and Building Performance
In today’s rapidly changing building environment, just providing a set of plans is no longer enough. Today, energy codes and increasing customer demands are beginning to challenge conventional ways of building, paving the way for performance based homes. Green building and energy efficient home design isn't just about low VOC paints or energy efficient windows. It's about taking an integrated approach before the contractor swings the first hammer. That's where we come in. We can help clarify and pin-point myths, perceptions, whether positive or negative, and help deliver solutions for your customers that provide lasting value.
Here's what we deliver:
- HVAC Design (manual J and manual D)
- Code Compliance checks (RESChecks) to meet performance path for 2009 and 2012 codes
- HERS Ratings
- Designed to earn Energy Star plans
- Designed to meet NAHB Green, Earthcraft or LEED for Homes
- Energy Modeling to identify cost saving measures and payback periods.
Contact your local Elm Energy Group office to learn more about intergrating home performance into your design process. With experience in hundreds of existing and new construction homes it's your first and best step towards designing a high performance home.